Software update: June 15th 2018
A software update introducing new features and adjustments is now available for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. To download the update, please start the game while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet. The software version after this update will be 1.5.0.
- The fix associated with acquiring Perun’s Key Affinity Gift intended to fix the counter for “small good deeds” applied in Ver. 1.3.0 did not completely solve the issue, so an additional fix has been made.
Changes and New Features
- New Unique Monster Subjugation Reports have been added.
- Defeating a unique monster will record the time it was defeated. Subjugation reports for defeated unique monsters can be found by examining their graves, or by selecting them from a list provided by the battle auditor in Garfont village.
- An icon will now indicate when a monster has become enraged during battle.
- Added the "Nopon Summons" option to the Expansion Pass menu, which allows access to a new Challenge Battle.
- Challenge Battles allow players to cross paths with Shulk and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles. They feature a high level of difficulty but offer rewards such as new accessories, Aux Cores, and Noponstones.
- Noponstones may be exchanged for items that slightly alter the appearance of the party characters or for Poppi’s rare parts. (These changes in appearance may not be reflected in all cut scenes.)
- Completing these difficult challenges will grant the player key items allowing Shulk and Fiora to join their adventures in Alrest. Make sure your drivers and blades are ready before taking them on.
- Added functionality for "Extra Game Options" newly added to the Expansion Pass. Once received, the following features will be added to the game settings portion of the options menu:
- Auto Battle: Enabling this feature will cause the character under player control to use arts and blade switch automatically after engaging in battle.
- Automatic success for Special move button challenges: Enabling this feature will allow button challenges for Special moves to be skipped by causing them to succeed automatically with a “Good” rating.
- Enemy aggression: Disabling this will prevent enemies from initiating combat. (Does not apply to unique monsters, bosses, quest enemies, or salvage enemies)
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
To download this content, additional storage may be needed. If you don’t have enough system storage in the Nintendo Switch console, please use a compatible microSD card (for more information, visit our Support section). You can check how much free space there is on your console's system memory or microSD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.