Software update: May 9th 2018
A software update introducing new features and adjustments is now available for Splatoon 2. To download the update, please start the game while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet. The software version after this update will be 3.0.1.
Changes to Rank
- Fixed an issue for X Rank causing the “Danger!” warning message to appear mistakenly just after the calculating period ended.
Changes to Single Player Campaign
- Fixed an issue causing instances of unintended text strings to display for some of Callie’s gameplay analysis messages.
- Fixed an issue in Private Battles at The Shoal causing the game to shut down when changing equipped gear.
- Fixed an issue causing on-screen image corruption when the game had been running for a long time.
- Fixed an issue occurring for specific hairstyles with certain gear equipped, where switching between kid and squid form repeatedly caused portions of the character’s hair to appear in a mistaken position.
Updating to version 3.0.1 will prevent matchmaking at the Shoal with players using an earlier version.
Please note: To download this content, additional storage may be needed. If you don’t have enough system storage in the Nintendo Switch console, please use a compatible microSD card (for more information, visit our Support section). You can check how much free space there is on your console's system memory or microSD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.