Software update: December 27th 2017
A software update introducing new features and adjustments is now available for Splatoon 2. To download the update, please start the game while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet. The software version after this update will be 2.1.1.
Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue with overtime ending too soon in Clam Blitz mode.
- When a losing team acquires chance time and achieve count lead, if the game time reaches its end with this chance time remaining, overtime finishes as soon as the chance time finishes.
- Fixed an issue where hitting an opponent standing on particular stage features with direct hits from the Inkjet special occasionally caused the shots to not explode or deliver damage to the opponent.
- We have fixed an issue getting into landforms when executing super jump from specific location to specific location in Port Mackerel.
Changes to League Battle
- Fixed an issue where immediately after a team’s Highest League Power was updated, if results could not be uploaded due to a poor network connection or other reasons, that Highest League Power was not reflected in the online ranking list until Highest League Power was updated again.
- Fixed an issue preventing weapon test targets in certain locations from taking damage from an Ink Storm.
Updating to version 2.1.1 will prevent matchmaking at the Shoal with players using an earlier version.
Please note: To download this content, additional storage may be needed. If you don’t have enough system storage in the Nintendo Switch console, please use a compatible microSD card (for more information, visit our Support section). You can check how much free space there is on your console's system memory or microSD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.