A software update introducing new features and adjustments is now available for Mario Tennis Aces. To download the update, please start the game while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet. The software version after this update will be 1.1.1.
Changes to Online Tournaments
- The “Rating” feature was added to the game on July 1, 2018. Ratings scores will start at 2,000 and go up after scoring points and go down when losing points in matches. It is a score that shows how strong the player is. (The in-game ranking board will continue to be based on Total Points.)
- In cases where there is a disconnection during a match, ratings will go up or down based on the score in that match at that time.
- When there is great discrepancy between players in ability, a player’s rating may not go up even if they win.
Changes to missions in Adventure mode
- Forest Practice Court: We have adjusted how often the opponent uses Zone Shots.
- Forest Edge: We have adjusted how quickly the opponent responds to shots.
- Reflection Room: We have adjusted how much Energy is refilled.
- Royal Chamber: We have adjusted how much Energy is refilled.
- Online Tournament: We have addressed an issue of settings not aligning with Options settings when starting a match.
- Online Tournament: We have addressed an issue of the game freezing when pressing certain buttons after there is a communication error.
- There will be further adjustments to game balance in matches and character performance.
- When you update to version 1.1.1, you will no longer be able to engage in Local Play or LAN Play with those using an earlier version.
This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
To download this content, additional storage may be needed. If you don’t have enough system storage in the Nintendo Switch console, please use a compatible microSD card (for more information, visit our Support section). You can check how much free space there is on your console's system memory or microSD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.