Software update: July 20th 2018
A software update introducing new features and adjustments is now available for Mario Tennis Aces. To download the update, please start the game while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet. The software version after this update will be 1.1.2.
Game Balance Updates
[For all characters]
- We have adjusted the range within which a character is able to return a ball, as well as how much energy is used when doing a Trick Shot to hit a ball that goes behind them.
- We made the distance you can move and the scope between left and right shorter. We also shortened the time it takes to successfully recover energy and increased how much energy is used when a Trick Shot is late.
- We have made it so that, when returning a serve, a ball cannot inflict a Body Shot until it bounces once.
[For Bowser Jr.]
- We have adjusted how fast Bowser Jr. can move when charging a shot and lowered the angle at which he hits the ball back.
- We plan to adjust the balance of this character further in time for the August tournament.
- Revised errors with text display.
Notice about the Rating system in Online Tournament
- A ranking display based on Rating will be added to the ranking board starting with the August 2018 tournament.
- Along with this change, the Rating will not be shown on the Total Points Ranking board. If you want to check your Ratings for July, please check the Tournament chart.
- Your Rating will change on a monthly basis based on the results of the previous month’s play. (This will be reflected starting with the switch from July to August.)
- Ratings of 2,000 or less -> Start at 2,000
- Ratings from 2,000-2,500 -> Same rating will be maintained
- Rating of 2,500 or more -> 1/10 of the value will be added to 2,500
- Value will be reset to 2,000 if the player did not play the previous month or if any questionable data is present.
After updating to this version you will not be able to engage in Local Play or LAN Play with players using an earlier version.
This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
To download this content, additional storage may be needed. If you don’t have enough system storage in the Nintendo Switch console, please use a compatible microSD card (for more information, visit our Support section). You can check how much free space there is on your console's system memory or microSD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.