How to Update Super Mario Odyssey
Instructions for how to update Super Mario Odyssey.
On 26 April 2019 a new software update for Super Mario Odyssey became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s online features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the console is connected to the internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete These Steps:
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Ver. 1.3.0 [Released 26/04/19]
- Ver. 1.2.0 [Released 22/02/18]
- Ver. 1.1.0 [Released 01/12/17]
- Ver. 1.0.1 [Released 27/10/17]
- The game is now compatible with the Toy-Con VR Goggles from Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit.
- Go to “Playing in VR” from the menu to start the game.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve the gameplay experience.
- After completing the game a new mini-game, “Balloon World”, will now be playable.
- Note: On 05/03/18, server side adjustments were made to the balloons displayed in the Find It list.
- Talk to Luigi in any of the kingdoms to start playing.
- After completing the game, a number of special outfits will be added to the shop.
- A number of new filters have been added to Snapshot Mode.
- Jump-Rope Challenge has been adjusted so that there will be a speed change after reaching 110 jumps.
- World Rankings and Friend Rankings have been reset for Jump-Rope Challenge.
- Best records will not be reset.
- Fixed a number of issues to improve the gameplay experience.
- Added Korean language support.
- Several fixes have been made to enhance the user’s experience.