How to Update Software Data Via a Local User
Instructions on how to update and exchange software data via local users on Nintendo Switch.
- This feature is available for consoles with system version 4.0.0 or higher.
- In order to use this feature, an internet connection is not required. However, a local user group must be created.
Complete These Steps:
Steps 1 - 3 must be performed by each of the Nintendo Switch consoles to be used with this feature:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- From the HOME Menu, highlight the icon for the software you wish to update without starting the game or application.
Ensure that all Nintendo Switch consoles highlight the same software icon. If a different software is selected, you will not be able to join a local group.
- Press the + Button or - Button on your controller, then select "Software Update" > "Match Version With Local Users" > "Next".
- If this option is unavailable, you must install the latest system version on your console.
- Once all users are on the screen that allows them to create or join a group, designate one user to select "Create Group".
- The rest of the users must then select "Join Group".
- Once the desired users have joined the local group, the group creator must then select "Start Communication".
- All users' games will be updated to match the most recent version in the group.