How to Update Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl
In this article, you'll learn how to update Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl.
Important: In order to download the update data for version 1.1.0, aroundabout 3 GB of free space is needed in your console’s system memory or on a microSD card. Verify the current amount of storage space on your Nintendo Switch console, and free up space if necessary. Please see this page for details about checking memory and managing data.
On 22 December 2021, a new software update for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet. The update contains content that will improve your overall gameplay experience, so please make sure you download the update before playing these games.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s internet features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the console is connected to the internet, the update will download and install automatically. If there is not enough system memory or microSD card storage to download the update, you will first need to expand or free up memory space and then follow the steps below.
- All players must be using the same version of the software to play together. Please make sure you have the same software version as the person or people you are playing with.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Ver. 1.1.3 (Released 22 December 2021)
- Ver. 1.1.2 (Released 2 December 2021)
- Ver. 1.1.1 (Released 18 November 2021)
- Ver. 1.1.0 (Released 11 November 2021)
Ver. 1.1.3 (Released 22 December 2021)
- Fixed various issues to improve gameplay.
Ver. 1.1.2 (Released 2 December 2021)
- Fixed some issues that would prevent the game from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Some issues have also been fixed for more pleasant gameplay.
Ver. 1.1.1 (Released 18 November 2021)
Optimized Ver. 1.1.0 update data.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released 11 November 2021)
Note: If you purchase a digital copy of either software from Nintendo eShop, the data for Ver. 1.1.0 will already be included, and there is no need for you to download the update separately.
- Added a feature to jump to Nintendo eShop
- Added a bonus for Expansion Pass purchasers
- Additional Pokémon will be added
- Fixed various issues to improve gameplay