How to Update Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
In this article, you'll learn how to update Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit on Nintendo Switch.
On 18 November 2021, a new software update for Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Select the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Ver. 2.0.0 (Released 18 November 2021)
- Ver. 1.1.0 (Released 2 July 2021)
- Ver. 1.0.1 (Released 28 October 2020)
Ver. 2.0.0 (Released 18 November 2021)
- Luigi Cup was added to Grand Prix. Fulfill certain conditions in Luigi Cup to acquire two new Environments and three new Gate Types to use in Course Creation.
- The POLTERGUST G-00 and SPOOKY HORN have been added to Kart Customization in game. Acquire them by fulfilling certain conditions in Luigi Cup.
- Relay Race was added to Multiplayer. This is a cooperative mode where up to four players take turns driving one kart, playing as Princess Peach, Toad, Yoshi, and Mario/Luigi (depending on the kart used) against Bowser Jr., and the Koopalings.
- Enough controllers to match the number of players is required to play Relay Race.
- Split Screen was added to Multiplayer. Connect two karts to one Nintendo Switch console, to play together at the same time. The video feed from the karts will be divided onto the screen, allowing two feeds to be displayed at once.
- Playing Split Screen requires two karts, and two Joy-Con, or Pro controllers.
- Adjustments made to enhance the play experience of the game.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released 2 July 2021)
- "Mario Cup" has been added to "Grand Prix". Fulfill certain conditions in "Mario Cup" and receive three new "Environments" and a "Gate" to use in course creation.
- "Super Yoshi" and "Yoshi Horn" have been added to the kart designs in the game. Unlock them by fulfilling certain conditions in Mario Cup.
- Made general changes to improve enjoyment of the game.
Ver. 1.0.1 (Released 28 October 2020)
- General Fixes
- Adjusted kart camera settings to allow for improved play in indoor areas with bright light, such as direct sunlight.
- Kart update will occur upon connecting the kart, after the software has been updated.