How to Update Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Instructions on installing the update for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition.
On 18 May 2018 a new software update for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet.
- For help resolving issues with the software update, please click here.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s online features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the console is connected to the internet, the update will download and install automatically.
Complete These Steps:
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Fixed a bug where Tetra and King Hyrule's starting levels were different according to whichever mode they were unlocked in. Tetra should unlock at level 34, and King Hyrule at level 37.
- Fixed bug where Magic gauge wasn’t filling at first level of Smash Boost Power.
- Fixed bug where game was sometimes stopping immediately after Legend Mode “Liberation of the Triforce” started.
- Fixed bug where a portion of character voices were not playing correctly.
- Fixed bug where player could not enter unlocked maps when restarting game right after unlocking moon area on Termina Map.
- Fixed other minor bugs.