Friends Appear as Always Being Offline
You can play online with random users on Nintendo Switch, but your existing friends constantly appear as offline even though they are connected to the internet.
What to Do:
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console.
Hold down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Restart".
- Once the console restarts, verify that it is connected to the internet.
Perform an internet connection test.
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- Update your notification settings.
From the HOME Menu, select "System Settings" > "Notifications", then simultaneously press and hold down either the L or R Stick and either the + or - Button. Select "Update".
- Reestablish your existing friend connection(s).
- If the issue persists, try connecting to the internet using a different access point.
Situation Not Resolved:
Please contact us for support by clicking here.