How to Perform a System Update
Instructions on updating the Nintendo Switch console.
The Nintendo Switch console must be connected online to download a system update.
In most situations, the Nintendo Switch will automatically download the most recent system update. Use the following steps if you wish to manually start the update process. If you are unable to perform the system update, restart your console and try again.
Complete These Steps:
- Select the "System Settings" on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down through the System Settings menu and select "System."
- Select "System Update," to start the system update process.
- During the process, the system will first perform a check to determine if a new system update is available.
- If an update is available, the download process will begin automatically.