How to Deregister a Primary Nintendo Switch Console
Instructions on deregistering a primary Nintendo Switch console.
- You can deregister a primary Nintendo Switch console through the Nintendo eShop settings on the console itself.
- If you don't have access to the primary console, you can deactivate a console from your Nintendo Account remotely; however, this can only be done once per year.
- If neither of these options are available to you, please contact our Customer Support.
- Deregistering one console will allow you to select a different console as the primary console for your Nintendo Account. Each Nintendo Account can have one primary Nintendo Switch console at a time.
Complete These Steps:
Is the Primary Nintendo Switch Console Available?
Deregistering from the Nintendo Switch console:
- Select "Nintendo eShop" on the HOME Menu to launch Nintendo eShop.
- Select the user that is linked to the Nintendo Account you want to deregister the primary console for.
- Select the picture of your icon in the upper-right corner to access your Account Information.
- Scroll down to the "primary console" section.
- Select "Deregister" twice to confirm. If your account is set to require a password, you will also need to enter your Nintendo Account password to finish the process.
- Repeat these steps for any additional Nintendo Accounts that you wish to deregister the primary console for.
- The next time you open Nintendo eShop, the console you use to connect will automatically be set as your primary console.
- Using a web browser, visit accounts.nintendo.com.
- Sign in to the Nintendo Account you wish to deregister the primary console for.
- Select "Shop Menu".
- Select "Deregister Primary Console".
- Enter your Nintendo Account password.
- Select "Deregister" twice to confirm.
- The next time you open Nintendo eShop from a Nintendo Switch console, the console you use to connect will automatically be set as your primary console.