How to Delete a User Account on Nintendo Switch
Instructions on deleting a user account on Nintendo Switch.
Deleting a user account will delete all save data associated to the account. Save data cannot be restored once it is deleted.
If the user account is linked to a Nintendo Account, the Nintendo Account will not be deleted. However, software purchased with the account cannot be played until the Nintendo Account is re-linked to a new user account.
Complete These Steps:
- Select “System Settings” from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight “Users,” then select the appropriate user account to access the Profile Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings and select “Delete User.”
- If a Parental Control PIN has been set for the system, you will be prompted to enter it to proceed. (Forgot PIN?)
- Check the box next to “Delete,” then select “Next.”
- If a Nintendo Account is linked, select “Confirm,” then “Unlink” to remove the Nintendo Account link.
- Select “Delete this User.”
- Once the account has been deleted, select “OK” to return to the system.