How to Connect to the Internet Using a Wired Connection
Information on connecting a Nintendo Switch console to the internet using a wired connection.
The Nintendo Switch console must be used in TV mode to connect to the internet using a wired connection.
Complete These Steps:
- Connect a wired LAN adapter to the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Connect an ethernet cable to the LAN adapter and then connect the other end of the ethernet cable to your router or gateway.
- Place the Nintendo Switch console into the Nintendo Switch dock.
- On the Nintendo Switch console, select "System Settings" on the HOME Menu.
- Select “Internet”, and then “Internet Settings”.
- The Nintendo Switch console will automatically search for near-by Wi-Fi signals.
- Once the option is available, select "Wired Connection".
- Select "Connect to the Internet via Wired Connection".
- The Nintendo Switch console will test the internet connection. Once the test is complete, select "OK".
- If the connection test fails, an error code and message will appear which can help you troubleshoot connection errors.
- If possible, we also recommend setting up a wireless internet connection. This enables you to connect to the internet even when your Nintendo Switch console is not placed in the dock.