How to Archive Software
Instructions for archiving downloadable software on Nintendo Switch.
- Downloadable software can be archived in order to free up space.
- Once archived, you can redownload the software by selecting the software icon on the HOME Menu.
- Archiving software will not impact your save data.
A system update is required for some of these features to be available.
Complete These Steps:
Archiving software can be done in the following ways:
Use one of the following options:
This allows you to archive and manage individual software titles.
- From the HOME Menu, select "System Settings" > "Data Management" > "Manage Software."
- Select the software title you would like to archive, then select "Archive Software" > "Archive."
This allows you to archive multiple software titles simultaneously.
- From the HOME Menu, select "System Settings" > "Data Management" > "Quick Archive."
- Select all the software titles you would like to archive, then select "Archive Data" > "Archive."