Error Message: This Code Has Already Been Used
- Received the error message "This code has already been used" or "This download code has already been used".
- A download code is not working because it has already been redeemed.
- For assistance with download codes issued through My Nintendo, click here.
- Digital game purchases made through the official Nintendo website are downloaded directly to your system and do not receive a download code.
What to Do:
- Verify that you are entering the correct download code.
- The download code is a 16-digit code that is printed on the receipt you received when you made the purchase.
- If the download code was included in a hardware bundle, it will be located on an insert included with the bundle.
- If some numbers are hard to read, try entering similar numbers. (For example, a 0 may look like an 8, a 5 may look like a 2, etc.).
- Check your previously downloaded titles in Nintendo eShop. If the download code was already redeemed on your console/system, you can redownload the game on your Nintendo Switch console, Wii U console, or Nintendo 3DS family system without re-entering the code.
- If you are still receiving this error message, please check with the retailer where you purchased the download code.
Search the Support section