Error Message: The Software Was Closed Because An Error Occurred
The information in this article can help you when:
- An error message is received while starting a game or during gameplay on Nintendo Switch.
- The message is displayed The software was closed because an error occurred, along with a ! mark at the top of the screen.
What to Do:
Try the following steps. After each step, verify if the issue is resolved by starting the software and returning to the part of the game where the error was displayed:
- Restart your console by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, and select Power Options then Restart.
- If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down. Then power it on again.
- Verify that your console has the latest system version.
- Check for any available updates for the problematic software.
- Check for any corrupt data for the problematic software.
- Delete the problematic software and redownload it.
Is the issue still occurring?
Please contact us for support.
You’re all set! For information about Nintendo’s products, be sure to check out the official Nintendo website for all the latest news.