Error Message: Not Eligible OR Age Does Not Meet Requirements for a Nintendo Account
When creating a new Nintendo Account, any of the following error messages are displayed:
- You are not eligible to create an account
- Your age does not meet the requirements to create an account
- An account cannot be created based on the information provided
- This means that your date of birth indicates that you are under age 16. Per the Nintendo Account Agreement, only users aged 16 or older can create a Nintendo Account.
- Children aged 15 and under can have their own Nintendo Account if they are first added to a parent/ guardian’s Nintendo Account.
- Please note that even if you are not eligible to create a Nintendo Account, you can continue using your Nintendo Network ID if you have one.