Error Message: "Failed to Load Cached Data. Nintendo eShop Will Restart."
The information in this article can help you when you open Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch and receive the following error message: "Failed to load cached data. Nintendo eShop will now close and reopen."
- Return to the HOME Menu by pressing the HOME Button, and then try to access Nintendo eShop again.
- If you are unable to return to the HOME Menu, restart the Nintendo Switch console and then try to access Nintendo eShop again.
- Reset the cache saved for the affected account by completing the following steps:
Important: The following steps will delete passwords, cookies, history and other web-related data saved on the Nintendo Switch console.
- Select "System Settings" from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down and select "System".
- Scroll down again and select "Formatting Options".
- Select "Clear Cache".
- Select the user you would like to clear the cache for, then confirm.
- If a microSD card is inserted into the console, power the console off, remove the microSD card and then power the console back on and try to access Nintendo eShop again. After this is done, whether the issue is resolved or not, power the console off, and re-insert the microSD card.
- Complete a connection test and check for any errors. If an error code is received, attempt troubleshooting related to that error code.