Error Message: Could Not Display This Page as You Do Not Have Access Rights
The information in this article can help you if the access rights error message appears while:
- You are trying to link a Nintendo Account to a mobile application (Mario Kart Tour, Super Mario Run, etc).
- You are using a "forgot password" link to reset a Nintendo Account password.
- The message appears during any other scenario involving a Nintendo Account.
Note: This message can appear if there is a mismatch between your Nintendo Account and the Nintendo Account that is already signed in on your browser. (For example, if two different Nintendo Account owners use the same smart device.)
What to do
- Clear any current Nintendo Account sign-in information from the browser that you’re using, then try again.
- Sign out of your Nintendo Account (and any related linked accounts).
- If there are multiple tabs open in the browser, make sure that you check or close each one, and sign out of the Nintendo Account on the tabs as applicable.
- Clear the browser cache on the device that you’re using.
- If you’re signing in to your account using a link (for example, from a password reset email) or an app, make sure that the link is opening in the correct browser.
- If the link opens in a different browser, repeat the first step in the new browser to make sure the history is cleared in the new browser as well.
- You can also check your device settings to verify or reset the default browser that your device launches.
- Check your browser’s settings to make sure that cookies are enabled.
- Try updating the browser to make sure you are using the latest version.
- If you are using a smart device, visit either the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android) and search for the browser to check whether there is an update.
- Try using a different device or browser to access your Nintendo Account.
- If you are trying to reset your password, go through the reset password process again to have a new email sent. Select the link in the email to try again.
Situation not resolved
If the steps above do not resolve your issue, please contact us for additional assistance.