Error Code: 9001-6561
When attempting to redeem a download code on the Nintendo website, error code 9001-6561 is received.
In most cases, this error indicates the Nintendo eShop card or download code was entered incorrectly, or was intended to be redeemed in a different region's Nintendo eShop.
What to Do:
- Attempt to enter the download code again, ensuring you have entered the code exactly as it appears.
- If the error persists, than it is likely the code may be intended for a different region. You can take the following actions to ensure the download code is intended for Europe:
- If the code was included with a physical game purchase, check packaging for an PEGI or USK rating. Games with an PEGI or USK rating are intended for sale in Europe.
- Check the retailer you purchased the download code from and ensure they are located within Europe.
- Contact the retailer and ask which region the download code is intended for.
- If you have confirmed it is intended for use in Europe, it's possible that the download code is intended to be redeemed directly within a game and cannot be redeemed through Nintendo eShop. Check the packaging, card, or receipt that included the download code for instructions on how to redeem the code.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, it is possible that there is an error with the download code. Please contact our Customer Support.