Error Code: 2811-7002
- While trying to use an online service such as Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, error code 2811-7002 is displayed.
- Message: "An error has occurred."
- This error code indicates an error occurred when connecting to the service, likely the result of the network environment.
- This error may be the result of the DNS used, or an issue related to wireless interference, weak signal strength, or an unresponsive router.
- Review our Network Status page for any noted outages.
If you find notice of maintenance or a service outage, please try again after services have returned to normal.
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console.
Hold down the POWER Button for three seconds, then selecting "Power Options" > "Restart".
- Power cycle your home network.
Restarting your network devices may resolve this issue if it is related to the devices being unresponsive.
- Manually enter an alternate DNS.
If the DNS you are attempting to use is not working, entering an alternate DNS may resolve this issue.
- Move the Nintendo Switch console closer to the wireless router.
If possible, place the console within 3 to 5 metres (10 to 15 feet) of the wireless router to improve the signal strength during troubleshooting.
- It may be helpful to remove the Nintendo Switch console from the Nintendo Switch dock while troubleshooting, and then return the console when troubleshooting is complete.
- Move any metal objects or electronic devices away from your Nintendo Switch console and wireless router.
Metal objects and electronic devices may interfere with wireless signals. If you have any of these, such as filing cabinets, speakers, power strips, glass, or cordless phones, next to your console or wireless router, move them away.
- Connect to the internet at a different location or access point.
Search the Support section