Error Code: 2162-0002
The information in this article can help you if error code 2162-0002 is displayed while using a Nintendo Switch console.
Complete these steps
Restart the console by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then selecting "Power Options" and then "Restart".
- If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down. Then power it on again.
Was the error displayed again?
- Detach the Joy-Con controllers from the Nintendo Switch console, then unsync them from the console.
- While the Joy-Con controllers are still detached and unsynced from the Nintendo Switch console, use the touch screen to follow the steps to install the latest system version.
- If the error persists, hold the POWER Button for 12 seconds to power off the console. Then reset the console to factory settings without deleting save data.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the console cannot start without the same error continuing to occur, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.
Please contact us for further support.
For optimal performance, check for the following:
- Ensure that your console has the latest system version.
- Verify you are using licensed accessories and controllers with your console.