Error Code: 2142-0507
You are unable to link the Nintendo Switch console to the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app and you receive the error code 2142-0507.
- Test your connection after any changes are made to the Nintendo Switch console or network environment to determine if the change resolves your issue.
- This error code typically indicates that the Nintendo Switch console was unable to connect to the service, likely due to timing out.
- The Nintendo Switch console may time out due to network issues such as a a poor wireless signal or slow internet connection.
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console.
To restart the console, press the POWER Button for three seconds, and then select "Power Options", followed by "Restart".
- Power cycle your home network.
Restarting your network devices may resolve this issue if it is related to the devices being unresponsive. After restarting the devices, and prior to testing the Nintendo Switch console's internet connection, ensure the network devices are powered back on and that other devices are able to connect to the internet.
- Confirm the correct wireless password was entered into the Nintendo Switch console's connection settings.
In most situations, correcting the password entered into the Nintendo Switch console's internet settings will resolve this error. Review your network's password information, and check the security setting within your console's internet settings. Ensure you are entering the password exactly as it appears, and include any unique capitalisation or symbols that may be used.
- Create a new internet connection.
Set up a new internet connection, ensuring that you are attempting to connect to the correct network, and that you are receiving a strong wireless signal from the network.
- Move the Nintendo Switch console closer to the wireless router.
If possible, place the console within 10 to 15 feet of the wireless router to improve the signal strength during troubleshooting.
- It may be helpful to remove the Nintendo Switch console from the Nintendo Switch dock while troubleshooting, and then return the console when troubleshooting is complete.
- Move any metal objects or electronic devices away from your Nintendo Switch console and wireless router.
Metal objects and electronic devices may interfere with wireless signals. If you have any of these, such as filing cabinets, speakers, power strips, glass, or cordless phones, next to your console or wireless router, move them away.
Situation Not Resolved:
If you are still unable to connect, this may indicate an issue related to the network environment or wireless router being used.
If you would like to continue troubleshooting potential issues related to the wireless router, contact the router's manufacturer for assistance with performing the following steps:
- Updating the wireless router's firmware
- Resetting the router back to its factory default settings
If you would like further assistance with the Nintendo Switch console, please contact us for support.