Error Code: 2016-0390
- The following error message is displayed on your Nintendo Switch console: "Unable to access microSD card."
- Error code: 2016-0390.
What to Do:
- Power off the console and remove the microSD card.
- Verify that the microSD card is compatible with Nintendo Switch.
- If the microSD card is not supported, replacing it with a supported type may resolve the problem.
- Reinsert the microSD card and perform a system update.
- The system version may not necessarily change after this update.
- If the microSD card cannot be read on Nintendo Switch, try the following:
- Format the microSD card.
- Use a different microSD card.
- Remove the microSD card and download directly to the console's system memory.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the error persists with multiple microSD cards, then the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.
- For testing purposes, be sure to include one or more of the problematic microSD cards that were being used with the console.
Please click here to begin the repair process.