Error Code: 2016-0247
- An error code is received when trying to download software to the microSD card on Nintendo Switch.
- It is possible that the microSD card worked on the console before, but now an error code is displayed.
If a microSD card is inserted into the console, the save location will default to the microSD card when downloading or redownloading software.
What to Do:
- Power off the console and remove the microSD card.
- Verify that the microSD card is compatible with Nintendo Switch.
- If the microSD card is not supported, replacing it with a supported type may resolve the problem.
- Reinsert the microSD card and perform a system update.
- The system version may not necessarily change after this update.
- If the microSD card cannot be read on Nintendo Switch, try the following:
- Format the microSD card.
- Once formatted, the information on the microSD card cannot be recovered. If screenshots or videos are stored on the microSD card, be sure to first back up the information on a computer.
- If downloadable software was saved to the microSD card, it can be redownloaded using the same Nintendo Account that was used to purchase it.
- Use a different microSD card.
- Remove the microSD card and download directly to the console's system memory.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the error persists with multiple microSD cards, then the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.
- For testing purposes, be sure to include one or more of the problematic microSD cards that were being used with the console.
Please contact our Customer Support.