Error Code: 2002-2001
- When using a microSD card on Nintendo Switch, the following error message is displayed: "Unable to access microSD card."
- Error code: 2002-2001.
- If a microSD card is inserted or removed while the console is powered on or in sleep mode, you will be prompted to restart the console.
- To ensure proper use, always shut off the console before removing or inserting a microSD card.
What to Do:
- Check the microSD card.
Power off the console and remove the microSD card. Check for any dirt or debris on the microSD card terminals and ensure that it is a supported type on Nintendo Switch.
- Perform a system update.
Reinsert the microSD card, then connect to the internet and perform a system update.
- If the error persists, try the following:
- Format the microSD card
- Try a different microSD card
- Remove the microSD card and download directly to the console's system memory
Situation Not Resolved:
If the error persists with multiple supported microSD cards or when downloading directly to the console's system memory, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.
Please click here to begin the repair process.