Download Code Is Lost or Missing - No Scratch-Off Area
What to Do:
- If you have a card that does not have a scratch-off area on the back, your code was printed on your purchase receipt. You will need the receipt to verify and redeem your code.
- Locate the receipt you received when you made the purchase. The download code is a 16-digit code that is printed on the receipt you received from the retailer.
- If you provided an email address to the retailer when you bought the code, check your email. The retailer may also have sent you an email with a copy of your download code.
- Check your previously downloaded titles in Nintendo eShop. If the download code was already redeemed, you can redownload the game on your Nintendo Switch console, Wii U console or system in the Nintendo 3DS family without re-entering the code.
- Check with the retailer where you purchased the download code to see if they have a record of your purchase, and can provide you with a new copy of the receipt.
Situation Not Resolved:
- If you are still unable to locate the download code, you will need to purchase another one. Nintendo is not able to replace codes that have been lost, misplaced or stolen.
Search the Support section