Download Code Is Lost or Missing
The information in this article can help you when a software download code is lost or missing.
What to Do:
How Did You Purchase the Download Code?
- Check the back of your Nintendo eShop Card for a scratch-off code area. Some cards sold through retailers do not have a scratch-off code on the card itself – the code is only printed on the receipt you received when you made the purchase.
Does Your Card Have a Scratch-Off Area on the Back?
- Gently scratch off the grey film to find your download code.
- If you need help redeeming your download code, click here.
- If the card does not have a scratch-off area on the back, click here.
- If the Nintendo eShop Card has been lost or misplaced, click here.
- If you purchased a download code directly from a retailer, your code was printed on your purchase receipt. If the receipt with your code has been lost or misplaced, click here.
If the download code is missing from the case, please contact the game's publisher for support. The publisher's website or contact information is usually listed on the game case.
If the game is published by Nintendo, please contact us for additional support.
If your digital purchase includes a bundled or promotional download code, the code can be viewed in your email receipt and in your Nintendo Account Purchase History.
- If you pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch game on Nintendo eShop that includes a promotional download code, you will not receive the download code until payment is processed and the game is pre-loaded on your console (no sooner than 7 days before the game's release).
- If you made the purchase on a Wii U console or Nintendo 3DS system and you have not linked a Nintendo Account, you will find your download code in your Wii U Nintendo eShop Account Activity or your Nintendo 3DS Nintendo eShop Account Activity.
For help locating your Nintendo eShop receipt or Nintendo Account Purchase History, review our information on if a Nintendo eShop Receipt Email Did Not Arrive.