Announcement Regarding Nintendo Switch Sports In-Game Issues
Thank you for your support for our products.
An update for the Nintendo Switch software Nintendo Switch Sports (Ver. 1.2.1) was released on 13 October 2022. Under some circumstances, after downloading the update data, an error occurred during the pre-match load screen, causing the software to close. We would like to describe the cause of and workaround for this issue.
Cause of the issue
We have found that, when starting to play 2-player under certain conditions, there is an issue with save data entry which causes the software to close.
For the workaround for this issue, we will release two separate updates.
If you still cannot play the game after downloading the first update data (Ver. 1.2.2), you will be able to resume playing by downloading the second update data (Ver. 1.2.3).
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but please download these two updates.
Update data (Ver. 1.2.2)
Release date: 18 October 2022 (Tuesday)
- With the release of this update, we will stop server maintenance. Online play will be available once maintenance ends.
Update data (Ver. 1.2.3)
Scheduled release date: 20 October 2022 (Thursday)
- This webpage or our Twitter account will notify players when the update date is confirmed.
- Save data backup will be possible again after this update.
- For some players, the order of items in the “Accessories (head)” sections under “Customize” will be different from the order before the update. This will not affect gameplay.
On the extension of Nintendo Switch Online and in-game points
Updated: 21 February 2023
For Nintendo Accounts that have Nintendo Switch Sports play history from on or before 19 October 2022 and are currently a member of Nintendo Switch Online, the membership period has been extended by one week.
- If you are unsure whether you received the extension, you can confirm in your Nintendo eShop Purchase History.
- If multiple eligible accounts are part of the same family membership, the membership period for that family membership was extended by one week.
Between 18 October 2022 and 3 November 2022, points earned when playing “Play Globally” will be doubled for all sports.
- Normally, 1.1x to 1.3x points are given in "Random" or in one of the sports.
- There are plans for a method to collect rewards missed during this time. Details will follow in the future.