Using game cards
The Nintendo DSi plays Nintendo DS Game Cards inserted into the Game Card slot. Please note that the Nintendo DSi is not compatible with any Game Boy or Game Boy Advance games, nor any Nintendo DS accessories or games that need to be inserted into the Game Boy Advance port found on the original Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite.
Starting a Game:
- With the game's label facing towards the bottom of the Nintendo DSi, insert the Game Card into the Game Card slot. Important: Do not insert or remove Game Cards or accessories when the power is on.
- Press the "Power" button to turn on the system.
- On the Nintendo DSi menu, tap the Game Card icon.
- Refer to the game's instruction booklet for game play information.
Exiting and removing a DS Game Card:
- Press and hold the "Power" button to turn off the power.
- Press in and then pull out the Game Card.
- Store the stylus for later use.