Unable to Sign In to Nintendo Account Using Nintendo Network ID
The information in this article can help when you are trying to sign in to your Nintendo Account but you are unable to use your Nintendo Network ID information to do so.
Important: The ability to use a Nintendo Network ID to sign in to an existing Nintendo Account or to create a new Nintendo Account has been discontinued. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- It is still possible to sign in to your Nintendo Account using your Nintendo Account details (email address or Sign-In ID and password) or any other accounts you have linked (Facebook, Twitter, Google or Apple ID).
- After signing in to your Nintendo Account, you can link a Nintendo Network ID to purchase Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games through the official Nintendo website, to merge your Nintendo eShop balances, and to earn My Nintendo Gold Points on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS purchases.
Complete these steps
- Go to the Nintendo Account website.
- Enter the email address/Sign-In ID and password for your Nintendo Account, or select a social network account you have linked to your Nintendo Account to sign in with those details.
- If you forgot your password or you never set up a password, click "Forgot your password?" and enter the email address associated with your Nintendo Account. You will receive an email with steps to reset your password.
- If you’ve forgotten the password for a child account, it can be reset in the family group settings in the parent or guardian’s Nintendo Account.
- If you have set up two-step verification, you will be prompted to enter an additional code. Launch the Google Authenticator app on your smart device, enter the code it displays and select Authenticate.
Situation not resolved
If you are having trouble signing in to your Nintendo Account after following these steps, please contact us for support.