Nintendo 3DS XL Battery Removal
Step-by-step instructions for removing the battery from a Nintendo 3DS XL system.
For information on disposing of the battery, contact your local solid waste authority.
- The Nintendo 3DS XL system uses a lithium-ion battery.
- A size #00 crosshead screwdriver will be required to remove the battery from a Nintendo 3DS XL system.
Removing the battery
- Hold the POWER Button down until the system turns off.
- Remove any Game Cards from the system.
- Turn the two crosshead screws on the bottom of the system counterclockwise to remove the battery cover.
- Gently pry on the small slots on each side near the L and R Buttons. Once the cover begins to separate from the system, continue prying the cover open, moving towards the front of the system.
- Remove the battery pack from the system.
Disposing of used batteries
- Completely cover the positive and negative ends of the battery with tape.
- Do not remove the label.
- Do not break or try to disassemble the battery.
This product uses a lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries contain potentially reactive chemicals and should be properly recycled.
Please bring used batteries to the nearest recycling centre.