Software update: December 3rd 2014
A software update is now available that makes several adjustments to enhance the overall experience. The software version after this update will be 4.0, as shown in this image.
Please note: this update is required in order to play Steel Diver: Sub Wars in online multiplayer. In addition, if you do not update to version 4.0, it will not be possible to play in Local Play with other players who have upgraded to version 4.0.
- Adds the "Remodel" option to the submarine selection screen, making it possible to upgrade each submarine to carry six crew members, for a small fee
- Adjusts the angle at which submarines surface, making it easier to dodge attacks from the front
- Adjusts the defence of submarines with a durability rating above 5
- Adjusts Single Player missions so that crew members you've already found will no longer appear
- Adds LV30 to LV49 to matchmaking conditions in Matched Skills Battles
- Reverts submarine starting positions in the Hot Springs stage to their version 1.0 locations
- Removes the need to spend Play Coins when playing online matches in the Free Version
- Corrects the error where the player submarine would occasionally take damage after sinking an enemy
You can download this software update by scanning this QR Code with your Nintendo 3DS system cameras. For instructions on how to scan a QR Code, please visit our Downloading Nintendo 3DS software updates section.