Software update: August 5th 2015
An updated version of the software is now available that makes several adjustments to enhance the overall experience. The software version after this update will be 1.1.
This update introduces a new balloon, a Poké Diamond giveaway, and more.
- Collect Pokémon with a new balloon: the newly added balloon, called Lucky Balloon, will take you to a mysterious stage, Changing Land, where you are more likely to meet Pokémon you haven't yet captured. The Lucky Balloon will be added to the hot-air balloons available in the shop. It's free, but you’ll need to have reached Adventure Rank 33.
- Giveaway – 100 Poké Diamonds: you can enter the password 32831175 when you reach Adventure Rank 4 to receive 100 Poké Diamonds.
- Upgraded Poké Diamond Digger: with this update, the number of Poké Diamonds you can receive from the Poké Diamond Digger increases significantly. Now you can receive 40 Poké Diamonds every day!
- Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
How to Download the Updated Version
Scan the QR Code pattern using a Nintendo 3DS system while connected to the internet.
How to Scan the QR Code
- From the HOME Menu, hold down the L and R Buttons to start the camera application.
- Touch the icon on the left side of the lower screen.
- Using the camera, scan the appropriate QR Code to open Nintendo eShop in order to download the update data.
For detailed information on how to connect to the internet, click here.
In some cases, you may first need to update the Nintendo 3DS system itself. To do so, please follow the on-screen instructions.
QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
Important: You will be able to continue using your saved game data.
The update data will be saved on the SD card inserted in your Nintendo 3DS system. If there is insufficient free space on the SD card, the update will not be applied successfully. You can check how much free space there is on your SD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.
Please take care not to delete the update data, which can be viewed by opening System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Add-on Content.