Information about Mario Kart 7 update data
Notice of distribution of Mario Kart 7 update data
The purpose of this data is to correct unfair shortcuts when playing online games on the courses Wuhu Island Loop, Wuhu Mountain Loop and GBA Bowser Castle 1. Please be aware that if you do not download this update data, you will not be able to play online multiplayer games in Mario Kart 7.
How to download the Mario Kart 7 Update data
1. Connect to the Internet
You need to be connected to the Internet to be able to play in Online Multiplayer mode. If you haven’t yet set up your connection settings for the Internet, you can do so by going to "System Settings" from the HOME Menu on your Nintendo 3DS.
You can find more detailed instructions on how to connect to the Internet with Nintendo 3DS here.
2. Check your system update version
Please check that your system update version is at least Ver. "4.1.0-8E" or higher.
You can check which version you have by visiting "System Settings" from the HOME Menu of your Nintendo 3DS system. The version is shown at the bottom of the upper screen. If your version is lower than "4.1.0-8E", please update your system by tapping “Other Settings” and then “System Update” in the System Settings section.
If you're not sure which version is the latest or need more details, visit our dedicated system updates information section here.
3. Go to “Nintendo eShop”
Please select “Nintendo eShop” from the HOME Menu.
4. Locate the “Mario Kart 7 Update data” in Nintendo eShop
You can scan this QR Code with your Nintendo 3DS system to go straight to the download page. Hit the L or R Button when on the HOME Menu, put your Nintendo 3DS in front of this image and tap the QR Code icon on the lower screen of your console. That's it!
QR Code is registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
You can also find the Update data by browsing Nintendo eShop, or search for it directly by entering "Mario Kart 7 Update data" in the search box and tapping "OK".
5. Downloading the Update data for “Mario Kart 7”.
Please select and download the Mario Kart 7 Update data. This data will be applied automatically once it has been downloaded.
You will not see a new gift box in your HOME Menu as you normally do when purchasing or downloading new software and applications.
6. Check your Mario Kart 7 version.
Please start your Mario Kart 7 game from the HOME Menu and check that the version is “Ver 1.1” as in the screenshot. If it shows “Ver 1.1”, the download has been successful.
If you now select “Online Multiplayer”, you will be able to play online.
If it doesn’t work/you get an error code
When you start up Mario Kart 7 and select “Online Multiplayer”, connection to Nintendo Network will begin.
If an error occurs while trying to connect to Nintendo Network, the update data has not been successfully implemented. Please refer to the error codes below for solving this problem.
This error code means you are not yet connected to the Internet. You can find more detailed instructions on how to connect to the Internet with Nintendo 3DS here.
This error code means you need to download the latest system update. You can find out how to do that by visiting our dedicated system updates information section here.
This error code means you need to download the Mario Kart 7 Update data. Please follow the instructions above from Step 3.
- Only the Online mode will be affected by this update data.
- Single Player and Local Multiplayer modes will not be updated, so you can continue to play these without the Update data.
- The Update data will be applied automatically once it has been downloaded.
- You will not see a new gift box in your HOME Menu as you normally do when purchasing or downloading new software and applications.
- The Update data will be saved onto the SD Card that is inserted in the console.
- Please be aware that the Update data cannot be received if there is not sufficient memory on the SD Card (The Update data needs 43 blocks).
- If the “Online Interaction with other users” option is set to “Restrict” in the Parental Controls section of System Settings on your Nintendo 3DS, you will not be able to play online.
- If you selected “Decline” to the User Agreement regarding network services during the initial set-up of your Nintendo 3DS system, you will not be able to connect. You can see the agreement by going to "System Settings” - “Internet Settings” - “Other Information” - “User Agreement”.