How to Update the Pokémon Bank Application
Step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the update for the Pokémon Bank application.
On 12 February 2020, new update data for Pokémon Bank became available. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo 3DS family system is connected to the internet.
- This update must be applied in order to use the internet features of Pokémon Bank.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- After downloading the update, please do not delete the update data. Update data can be viewed in the "Downloadable Content" area of the Data Management menu.
What to Do:
- Perform a system update to ensure you have the most up-to-date version.
- Download the Pokémon Bank Update from Nintendo eShop. (You will need to search for the Pokémon Bank application in the Nintendo eShop, then click "To Update Screen.")
- Once the download is complete, the update will automatically be applied. The newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Updated to accommodate the Pokémon HOME distribution.
- Added the feature to move to Pokémon HOME.
- Updated to work with Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.
- A new Pokédex feature has been added. Click here for details.
- Added compatibility with the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire games.
- Other adjustments have also been made to make for a better gaming experience.