Software update: November 2nd 2016
A software update is now available that introduces new features and adjustments to enhance the overall experience. After this update, the title screen will display the title Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo, as seen in the screenshot.
Please note: this update is required in order to use Animal Crossing: New Leaf's online features.
- Introduces amiibo compatibility
- New area added: campground
- Two minigames added: Animal Crossing Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape
- amiibo Camera feature added
- Additional furniture, characters and events introduced
- It is now possible to arrange furniture using the Touch Screen
- Secret storeroom added, allowing you to store more items
- Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
You can download this software update by scanning this QR Code with your Nintendo 3DS system cameras. For instructions on how to scan a QR Code, please visit our Downloading Nintendo 3DS software updates section.
QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
Important: You will be able to continue using your saved game data.
The update data will be saved on the SD card inserted in your Nintendo 3DS system. If there is insufficient free space on the SD card, the update will not be applied successfully. You can check how much free space there is on your SD card by opening System Settings from the HOME Menu and selecting Data Management.
Please take care not to delete the update data, which can be viewed by opening System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Add-on Content.