How to Earn My Nintendo Points for Physical Software
Instructions on earning My Nintendo Gold Points for physical games on Nintendo Switch.
- Only physical games for Nintendo Switch qualify for My Nintendo points. (Please note that all digital titles for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS also qualify for Gold Points.)
- Each game card can be redeemed one time.
- Physical games earn one-fifth of the Gold Points that would be earned for the equivalent digital version. (For example – if a digital game earns 60 Gold Points, the physical version would earn 12 Gold Points.)
- Gold Points must be claimed:
- Europe and South Africa: within two years of the game’s original release date.
- Other Countries: within one year of the game’s original release date.
Complete These Steps:
- Insert the game card into the Nintendo Switch console.
- Highlight the game icon on the HOME Menu.
- Press the + Button or the – Button to access the options menu for the game.
- Highlight “My Nintendo Rewards Programme”, then select “Earn Points (game card version only)”.
- Select the Nintendo Account you would like to use to earn the Gold Points.