How do I earn Gold Points if I purchase a physical game for Nintendo Switch?
Gold Points can be earned for the game card versions of Nintendo Switch games. However, unlike for digital purchases, Gold Points are not earned automatically for these.
In order to receive the points, you need to register the game card on the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch console within two years of the official release date of the game in your country. You can confirm the release date of a game by visiting its details page on Nintendo eShop.
Instructions to register a game:
- Insert the game card into the Nintendo Switch console.
- Highlight the game icon on the Nintendo Switch HOME menu.
- Press the + or – button to access the Options menu for that software.
- Highlight “My Nintendo Rewards Programme,” then select “Earn Points (game card version only).”
- Select the Nintendo Account you want to receive the Gold Points.
On Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, only digital purchases earn points.