These 16 teams will compete for the title of Splatoon European Champions live on 31st March
Traditional 4-on-4 turf battles return in Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch, along with new stages, new fashions and new weapons! Find out more
Not long to go now, Inklings! The Splatoon European Championship kicks off at Polymanga in Switzerland from March 30th, with the final rounds taking place on March 31st.
16 of Europe’s best Splatoon 2 teams will prep their Nintendo Switch consoles, sharpen their skills and splat it out for ultimate glory! It’s set to be a showdown of splat-tastic proportions, and we’ll be covering the tournament from start to finish on our various channels.
The competing teams vying for glory in the live semi-final and final from 13:00 local time on 31st March are:
- UK: Team Mako (Winner of UK championship) and 4D (Winner of wildcard tournament)
- Germany: Gucci Gang (Winner of German championship) and Hallo! (Runners up)
- France: Alliance Rogue (Winner of French championship) and EL Firmament (Runners up)
- Spain: Spanish Army (Winner of Spanish championship) and Archicosmus (Runners up)
- Italy: NinPlayers (Winner of Italian championship) and CrossInk (Winner of online Italian championship)
- Netherlands: Polderlantis (Winner of Dutch championship) and Team.Extensions (Runners up)
- Belgium: Overtime (Winner of Belgian championship)
- Portugal: Hexagone (Winner of Portuguese championship)
- Russia: Red Ink (Winner of Russian championship) and Splat Tim (Runners up)
Before the tournament’s final stages commence, Polymanga will host a special virtual concert. Pearl and Marina, of the game’s pop idol-duo Off the Hook, will appear onstage to sing along to a series of tracks and perform their slickest choreographed moves, all accompanied by a live band. The whole concert will be livestreamed on Nintendo UK’s YouTube channel and on Twitch, and will begin at 12:00 local time.
All to play for…
As well as getting their tentacles on a sweet trophy and some fresh new jerseys, the winning team will also have the opportunity to represent Europe at the Splatoon 2 World Championship at E3 2018! This special tournament will run from June 11th - June 12th at the Los Angeles Convention Centre. Stay tuned for more details.
Don’t miss the finest Splatoon 2 teams from across Europe battling it out at the Splatoon European Championship. The first rounds take place on 30th and 31st March, with the climactic semi-final and final streamed live on 31st March. The special Off the Hook concert starts at 11:00 (UK time), followed by the livestreamed tournament kicking off at 12.00 (UK time); both will be livestreamed on Nintendo UK’s YouTube and Twitch channels. From June 11th - June 12th, the winner of the Splatoon European Championship will compete for world domination at the Splatoon 2 World Championship at E3 2018.