Nintendo crowns tournament winners, makes new announcements throughout the first day of E3
Nintendo finished the first day of the E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles with two competitive champions and a host of bonus announcements that built on Tuesday’s Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 video presentation.
In tournament news, Nintendo crowned ZeRo of Chile the champion of the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 tournament, while the GG BoyZ of Japan emerged triumphant at the Splatoon 2 World Championship!
You can find all the action and updates from the show at our official E3 2018 hub if you missed it!
New details were also revealed about the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion DLC:
- The new Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 launches in the morning of Thursday 14th June. This first paid DLC for Splatoon 2 adds a new single-player mode that features 80+ missions, new stories and the ability to play as an Octoling for the first time. The full version of the game is required to use Octo Expansion, which will be available in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch for €19.99 / £17.99.
- An amiibo three-pack of an Octoling Girl, an Octoling Boy and an Octoling Octopus is coming later this year.
- Nintendo will continue to support Splatoon 2 with free updates to gear, weapons and stages through the end of 2018.
Tuesday’s Nintendo Treehouse: Live | E3 2018 show was host to some additional reveals throughout the day as well:
- New amiibo figures for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate were shown for the first time. These figures, which included Ridley from the Metroid franchise and Inkling from the Splatoon franchise, go on sale at the same time as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on 7th December. Nintendo also confirmed that a Daisy amiibo figure was on the way.
- Viewers also got their first in-depth look at live gameplay of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Party, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! for Nintendo Switch.
To stay up to date on all of Nintendo’s activities at E3 2018, keep an eye on our official E3 2018 hub!