Counterfeit copies of authentic Nintendo game software are offered by unscrupulous traders.
Hints for consumers to spot counterfeit game software:
- The origin of the product may be China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or South East Asia. These are territories where a substantial number of counterfeits have previously been identified.
- The pricing is often well below average wholesale or retail prices. If “it seems too good to be true” – it probably is
- It may be missing packaging or manuals
- The printing on the packaging is blurred, faded, discoloured or of poor quality
- May include a compilation of games on one disc or memory card from a number of different publishers
A further list of tips can be found under the How to Detect section.
If you suspect that you are being offered counterfeit software then please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.